Friday 9 March 2007

My son

My son is going into hospital today for an operation (to have one of his testicles lowered if you must know...). He's only 2 years old. I'm sure the doctors will look after him but it's hard to stop yourself from worrying.

Although he's only 2, it's not his first time in hospital. Far from it. He was born 11 weeks prematurely and spent the first 5 months of his life in hospital. Since then, he has been admitted back into hospital a few times with chest infections. Nor will this be his first operation. When he was only 2 weeks old, the doctors operated to close a valve on his heart that would normally close on its own. And since then he has twice been under general anaesthetic so that doctors could examine his vocal chords and his eyes.

So, it's clear that he's a strong little fella, and I'm sure he'll be okay. Still, you can't help worrying. My thoughts are with him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment