Thursday 1 October 2009

The end of an era

Ten years in one job is a long time. I'm with Fern on that one. In fact, you get to the stage that you feel as though you should have left a long time ago. The question I have been asked the most during the last few weeks is, "Are you still here?". Only in body. Not in spirit.

Over the last couple of days, as I have packed up my office, soon-to-be-ex-colleagues would wander past and comment "Lucky man...". But why so lucky? Surely, any of them could do what I was doing and leave. Couldn't they?

3 comments:

  1. You'll be missed, Matthew.

    E. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. quote 'Surely, any of them could do what I was doing and leave. Couldn't they? end quote


    Its a scary thing to do what you have done and some may feel its better to stick with what they know and feel secure with.

    Maybe others are not in a position to leave for either financial or social reasons.
    Maybe they cant find anything else they could do or would want to do.

    Its a huge life change to do what you have done and you know its risky.
    You obviously are prepared to take that risk.
    Only time will tell if you have made the right decision.
    Oh that sounds a bit doom and gloom lol..not meant to be as its great you have taken the plunge.

    Good luck in your future endeavours.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you didn't leave a long time ago otherwise I (among others) would never (maybe) have had the pleasure of meeting you. Again, warm wishes and much good fortune. L

    ReplyDelete